Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's not you...it's me, really!

Okay this post is not what you think it's about, sorry! But maybe I'll address that in another post on another day. Anywho, this post is about people who take things to dang-on personal. Yep, you know you do it, yes I know I do it, but this is for the extremists, the nosy friends, and the I'm-not-lookin-at-your-page-but-I-really-am-to-see-if-you're-talkin-bout-me'ers. Yeah, you know you who are, and this post is definitely about you! So what spawned so much aggression from little Dayna Nicole AKA Sunshine? I've had a couple comments about my posts (I know you feel me on this Relle) about the tone of my posts (posts which I thought were somewhat inspirational - I tried!) and the inspiration behind said posts (namely a few people, past and present). So I decided to respond in one simple and short synopsis (which this may or may not end up being).

This is a public service announcement:

My life doesn't revolve around people, it revolves around me!

What I love, who I love, what I love to do, and the love I have for myGod, mySelf and my life (or momentary lapses of sanity when just the opposite exists). Yes, there is inspiration from everywhere, and there have been recent events in my life that would seem to spawn my creativity. Yes, some of the best love songs, poetry, and art (to name a few things) has been birthed from a tortured soul, someone falling in love, someone falling out of love. But baby, this isn't a love song and I'm not Luther.

So where does your inspiration come from then Dayna? I have friends and I watch TV, I have a love life, and I have had a past, I will have a future, I do have relatives, and oh, maybe quite possibly, I have a brain. I read books, I take walks, I love men, women too, I love my dog and I love my parents. So lets add them up should we, I have just listed 13 or so factors and that is just the tip of the iceberg. I write because I think, and I get to choose what I think about (thank God), I think that's the best out of them all.

I also write because I'm hoping my thoughts help someone somewhere to become inspired. Inspired to do what Dayna? Inspired to do whatever! Write themselves if they think they have something better to say then me! Leave a negative relationship. Eat some good food. Get their behinds off the couch and make something more of their lives. Run around the block. Pick up a new book. Wash their hair. Comment on my blog. Listen to a song, whatever! I'd like to inspire people to lead great lives and inspire myself to lead a better one as well. Hell, I'm selfish, this is about me and I hope and pray that everyone who reads what I write benefits from it greatly. Now, are there anymore questions?

Okay I just needed to vent, back to flowers, pixie dust, and my curls! Take it with a grain of salt and please don't take it personal! It's all LOVE!

Question: Why do you think people take things so personal, when it clearly has nothing to do with them?

No comments: