Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bad Dayna

Okay, I've experienced some mean people in my day (read: buttheads) and I have responded in like in the past. If you were a meany, then I was going to be a meany. Relevant to the post below. So I thought about why do I keep attracting meanies? Quite possibly because I took the time to demonstrate I could be a meany back. But thank you God, I know their purpose in my life and how to keep the meanies at bay. Their purpose is to show me how not to act! *leap for joy* Wow, it only took me 24 years to figure that one out. Yes, there are examples everyday of people and things that I believe aren't for me, but the beauty of it is I get to grow as a result of these encounters. I get to choose how I want to be! Yep, I get to say "Well, that's not nice and it's not for me, I'll be moving on now." I get to walk away, I get to enjoy the rest of my day! I know that sounds corny and sounds too easy and who would want to actually think that? But the amazing part about it is that I feel so much better, when I choose that instead of getting upset and acting out of my upset-ness. So from now on I'm Miss Thank-you-but-no-thank-you-I'll-be-on-my-way-now. And I expect, as I'm becoming more disciplined, you'll see Bad Dayna less and less.

Question: How do you deal with the meanies? (Yes, I still use the word meany!)

No comments: