Thursday, March 29, 2007

I want to spend time until it ends....

I want to be in love, happily in love. I almost forget what that feels like; not happily infatuated or happily in puppy love, but happily in love - the real thing. And I think that's what everyone wants, whether they are willing to admit it or not. So if that's what most of us want, then why have so few of us actually accomplished it and sustained it. Why is it so hard to be in love and stay in love?

There are so many people walking around claiming that they have love who don't have the slightest clue. I personally know people that are settling, who put up with so much in the name of love. I personally know people who compromise their own sanity, self-love, and integrity and have the nerve to call what they are experiencing love. Is it too much to have expectations, to expect respect, to anticipate someone who will love you for exactly who you are? No, you were created in the flawless and fierce image of the All-That-Is (God). And love is something that we can expect because of it, we are created in love so we do deserve love. I can guarantee that if we start raising our expectations of love and knowing that we deserve it we will get more then we could ever imagine from and through love. Raise your expectations, expect greatness, expect fidelity, longevity, and sincerity. Expect love unconditionally. I want to spend time IN LOVE until it ends.....and I expect it.

Question: Why do you think it's so hard to be in love and stay in love?

This post is to be continued because there are a couple questions that arouse after I was finished writing it: Maybe a lot of people just don't know what love looks like? Maybe they don't even know what to ask for or expect?

No comments: