Thursday, March 15, 2007

How long does it take....

It's about time for monumental change, real change in the lives of many young people. It's about time that we take responsibility for our lives and being, in as many ways as possible. How often do we encounter people in our social arena who are still pointing the finger and looking outward to place reponsibility for their current situation on other people. I'm not sure how many people have actually picked up the book "The Secret," but the phenomenon is sweeping across the country. It is basically a book that sums up the Law of Attraction (LOA), meaning like attracts like. So if you have a thought and it is emotionally charged, whether negative or positive you are going to attract more of that thought, more situations that are similar, and more people who will help bring what you are thinking about into your reality, whether you actually want it or not. Unlike most people who have just now picked up this book, I have been studying the LOA for over 5 years now. The great thing about it is that it doesn't conflict religiousity and that it makes you more than responsible for you current condition (!!!).

What I've noticed is that depending upon how I feel AND what I think about, I usually get what I focus on, negative or positive. Makes sense doesn't it? It's not as easy to work with as it seems because it requires me to take responsibility and for me to pay attention to what it is that I'm focusing on.

I've noticed, lately, that I've been in the company of people who are not taking responsibility for their power in their own lives. It's been difficult to interact with these people on a higher level, because all I want to do is shake them and scream "This is your doing!!! Stop putting it off on everyone else!!!," but unfortunately I can't. No matter what I do and what I yell it's not going to change how they react and/or respond. It's a life changing realization that most people have to find out on their own, and others never find out at all.

So what's my lesson here? Well since I am an avid student of LOA, it's about time I start attraction people in my life that actually practice introspection. Yep, that's it since I'm responsible for myself and my experiences, it's time to focus on what I want and let what I don't want be. Whew, easier said then done.

Question: What do you need to be focusing on that will help you bring about the situations/people you desire? How do you keep yourself from focusing on negativity?

No comments: